In this article, you will learn how to add lesson plans to your rePo! account. It is worth noting that during the initial creation of the lesson plans, only basic information will be required. Once you saved and added the lesson, you will be directed to the Edit Lesson page and add more details.
STEP 1: On the Navigation Menu, click Lessons to access the Lesson Management page.
STEP 2: There are two (2) ways to add a lesson plan:
Add New: you can directly click this option from the Navigation Menu under Lessons.
Add Lesson Plan: this button is available within the Lesson Management page. Click this button to create a lesson plan.
STEP 3: You will be directed to the Lesson Management – Add Lesson Plan page. Specify the following information:
- Title - A line or phrase that describes the lesson. It may be as simple or creative as possible. Proper capitalization must be taken into consideration.
- Main Image - A featured image suggesting what will be done in the lesson.
- Click the Main Image field to open the File Location window.
- Find and select the image that you want to upload.
- Click Open to upload the image.
- Duration - The time the activity will consume, this may take Hours, Minutes, or Day(s).
- You can manually enter the number on the duration field or click the Up and Down arrows.
- Click the Select time field to choose the time unit from the drop-down list (Minutes, Hours, Days).
- Category - This is used to categorize the lessons based on their subject matter. Click the Category field to select from the drop-down list. The Available categories are as follows:
- Arts and Crafts
- Language Arts
- Fun Friday
- Performance Art
- Personal Development
- Physical Activity
- County / District / School - Displays the county, district, and school the user belongs to. These fields are automated based on the user’s profile settings.
- Tags -Classify your lessons using tags. It can be an event such as Christmas, Valentine, Independence Day, etc. or it may be something like New, Hot, Trending, etc.
- To add a tag, click on the Tags field and select from the list. You can add multiple tags simply by selecting from the list.
- Grades - This is the grade level(s) the lesson is intended for. An activity may suit one or more grade level(s).
- To add a grade level, click on the Grades field and select from the Grade K – 12 drop-down list. You can add multiple grade levels simply by selecting from the list.
- Number of Students - The number of students per class, usually about 20-25 students.
- To specify the number of students, enter the number in the Number of Students field or click the Up and Down arrow to increase/decrease the number.
- Enrichment Components - A lesson may fall under two or more competencies. Use the Enrichment Components field to add multiple competencies (i.e. the lesson is about Art but can also be classified under D.I.Y or Arts & Crafts).
- To add enrichment components, click the Enrichment Components field and select a component from the drop-down list. You can add multiple competencies by selecting from the list.
- Google Doc URL - Adding Google Docs URL is optional. This is easy access to your lesson plan written in Google Docs. You can copy the information from your Google Docs file and paste it in the rePo! form. The advantage of having this feature is you can always go back to your Google Doc file in case you were not able to finish your rePo lesson in one sitting.
- To add lessons from your Google Docs, copy and paste the URL of your Google Doc file in this field.
STEP 4: After specifying the required information, click Save to add the lesson plan.
Notes: Fields with Red Asterisk are required and compulsory. You must specify the fields' values before you can proceed and click the Save button.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article